What is virtual Space?
“The Virtual Space Theory is a body of principles proposing a consistent and systematic understanding of the idea of virtual space, particularly with respect to its uses and occurrences in visual media, art, and architecture.”
The Development Process:
– Research/sketches : – DELIVERABLE: Requirements Doc
– Anticipating end-user scenarios: Example, Example2
– Modeling the user experience: Deliverable: Design Document: Audience Scenarios, and Competitive Analysis. Many examples to consider and all are different.
– Functional Specifications: Deliverable: Functional Specifications.
-Generating schematic wireframes for key interfaces and interactions: Deliverables: Site Inventory/Site Map,. Layout grids (Wire frames)
-Designing the visual interface: Deliverables: Template mock-ups in PSD or IA., Web based prototype
-Invite feedback/user testing: Deliverable: Feedback
-Technical Production: Deliverables: Alpha Site
-QA: Testing. Deliverables: Bug List, Beta Site
-Launch: Deliverables: Final Site
Studio 03: Web Development Process and UIX
Read Articles above. We are focusing on Usability and Usability Mapping today.
Practice UIX and documentation:
– Start thinking about your portfolio site. Draft requirements.
– Who is the audience? Determine the target demographic and create preliminary user scenarios.
– Create User experience maps for your site
– Create a Site Map for the site. Start with content inventory.
Upload to your site and send me the URL.