HTML: Try out all the code samples: from Chapter 4, and 5 and upload to your server.
Based on Ch 18, start thinking about the kind of site you want to develop (Requirements). Answer questions on page 455.
PROCESS + PROTOTYPING
– Who is the site for, Why would people Visit this site, What are your visitors trying to achieve? What information do your visitors need?
DELIVERABLE: Requirements, Target Audience, Research/sketches
– Anticipating end-user scenarios: Example, Example2 and a quick Usability Map
– Modeling the user experience: Design Document: Audience Scenarios, and Competitive Analysis.
DELIVERABLE: User Scenarios, Usability maps, Competitive Analysis
-Generating schematic wireframes for key interfaces and interactions:
Deliverables: Site Inventory/Site Map,. Layout grids (Wire frames and HTML Prototype
-Designing the visual interface:
Template mock-ups in PSD or IA.
Deliverables: Interface in JPG
– Think ahead. What do you think will be challenges to development? Keep a list trhough project life cycle
-Technical Production: Deliverables: Alpha Site
-QA: Testing. Deliverables: Bug List, Beta Site
-Launch: Deliverables: Final Site
Process and Design
Start UIX and Documentation:
– Start thinking about the site you want to build. Draft requirements.
– Who is the audience? Determine the target demographic and create preliminary user scenarios and usability maps
– Create a Site Map for the site. Start with content inventory. Think through Mobile options for your final development