Make a favicon, install it
WP: Play around with the themes
Play around with customizing your blog using the editing function.
Show results next class
– Some helpful SEO resources
– WP customize
– More WP custom
– WP theme mods
– WP theme customization
– More WP tips
Final WP customization
All HW on WP (List provided in Afternoon session)
Work on your final
1. Final Web Site (+ Documentation/Process) – Please provide all of your Final Site files (HTML + CSS +Images) as a .zip file.
2. WordPress Site
10: Mobile redirect
09:Final WP customization
Put all HW on WP
08: Make a favicon, install it
07: Practice – Image alignment
Practice – Roll-overs and sprites
06: Practice- create tables and try all the attributes in Ch. 6
Practice modifying Cursors
Practice opacity, Z-index, drop down menu using lists, and drop shadows.
05: Create your own HTML/CSS site with multiple pages, using external CSS
Practice all list elements
Create a 3 column web page using CSS
04: Use external CSS
Practice tables (create an image mounted in a table, create other table structures including ‘colspan’ and ‘rowspan’).
Put text on top of your image/images in your table using the background image capability in HTML tables)
03: CSS: Create your own mini web site (at least 3 pages), using css to complete the following on each page:
1. place background image,
2. Use the “box model”
3. Use pseudo classes
02: DOCUMENTATION and PROCESS
– Start thinking about the site you want to build. Draft requirements.
– Who is the audience? Determine the target demographic and create preliminary user scenarios.
– Create User experience maps for your site
– Create a Site Map for the site. Start with content inventory.
– Create wireframes for several pages of your website (home+ top level + second level). Start with sketches. Post to your server.
– Create an HTML prototype with your wireframes
– Create template interface design, 3 levels (HOME + 2 sub pages)
01: HTML: Create a splash page for your web site (use anything you want) Example?
– Use HTML and images.
– Create links to multiple pages both internal and external (what does this mean?)
– Create a link to your email address for contact
– Add more structural and semantic HTML to your pages. Try all new HTML introduced in Chapters 1 and 2